the mood just strikes. Ya know?
Desire is a feathered vine winding through you,
whispering of orgasms to come,
so you take a moment,
and conjure one up.
Sometimes you have to improvise.
Slip into a darkened office,
your own backseat,
a bathroom stall.
Silence is key -
no moans must be emitted,
no panting.
And then the world recedes around me -
I am an iris folding in on myself
expanding and contracting
like the birth of a new universe.
I pause, and think of giant, vibrantly painted flowers.
I step out of my own mind and click "search."
Wait - now I am lost in a blackhole of Georgia O'Keeffe images
(do yourself a favor and click here to see what I saw
and bask in the light of her flowers and her stoically beautiful face).
I am smitten with her beauty
and the beauty she captured with her brushes,
but I'm caught slightly off guard by the nude photographs
of the artist as a younger woman than I usually picture her -
hard to tell, maybe in her 30s or 40s,but the raw beauty of her in those forever frozen moments...
aaah...it's almost like magic
(or a chemical reaction on film exposed to light).
I see the inner spark in her-
defiance, ferocity, passion,
a dark storm somehow transforming
into a splash of bright flora -
and crave the ability to slip inside her mind,
her body
for just a moment.
I acknowledge that I feel pivoted
to new perspectives of her work
because of this new connection to her physical beauty -
I suddenly see her as a mortal
who had pain and joy and talent and struggle
and was maybe
just a little bit
in love with the pussy.
I mean, jesus.
Not that we can blame her;
And for that matter so is the cock.
But I digress....
where was I?
Ah, yes -
the portraits of the artist -
they stir in me deeper thoughts,
maybe self-loathing.
they stir in me deeper thoughts,
maybe self-loathing.
Maybe I resent the giant leaden anchor I feel
holding me fast against all the ocean's currents,
snaking its way to my hull and keeping me in place -
the anchor that ties me
not to a point of coordinates on a map,
not to a point of coordinates on a map,
but to a point of relating to the world:
that you don't matter unless you're beautiful.
It's painful to face this indictment.
I've been so sure of this,
but here, in this instance,
I am sure that
that you don't matter unless you're beautiful.
It's painful to face this indictment.
I've been so sure of this,
but here, in this instance,
I am sure that
I have it all wrong -
one imbues the other -
Tom Petty's sexiness is derived directly from his music, right?
There is a balance in him, maybe in us all.
one imbues the other -
Tom Petty's sexiness is derived directly from his music, right?
There is a balance in him, maybe in us all.
And maybe that's why,
in just the right light
in just the right light
at just the right angle
on a good day
I can see echoes of beauty in myself
(but then a slight shift of the protons and neutrons
and the illusion dissipates).
But I've chosen to pretend I'm beautiful anyway,
But I've chosen to pretend I'm beautiful anyway,
which propels me to imagine great things -
or maybe not lofty things,
but dirty, glorious things,
but dirty, glorious things,
and sweet, strange things -
and to believe that what I have to say matters.

No comments:
Post a Comment