Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sermons Mounting

I'm still digesting that sermon on desire.
It filtered in, through the fog of joy
I'd been floating in since the weekend.
It landed pretty deep, right away,
and has continued to fan out
into the far reaches of my thoughts since then.
My immediate repsonse was to let go of a desire
to be desired.
Chop -
off with her hair.
Desire isn't inherently bad,
and it isn't regulated solely by religion.
It is -
   natural
   organic
   orgasmic...
Desire makes the world go 'round;
it isn't something to run from.
My need to be desirable has pushed me
toward better health,
and I savor the journey.
Letting go now just frees me
from the constant pursuit of an unattainable goal.
I worry, though,
about the preacher -
what is his fear?
What is he outrunning?
And will he win that race?

No comments:

Post a Comment