When I got in my car after work today,
Wildflowers was playing.
I smiled, turned it up,
and let it borrow a few minutes from my daily phone call to my Mom.
I let it float me down memory lane -
That song, that whole album, always reminds me of my best friend,
Jasmine, and that one summer in Utah...
can't remember which one,
but I picture us at Cecret Lake, above Alta,
first selfie ever, film camera...gorgeous hike.
Wildflowers was playing.
I smiled, turned it up,
and let it borrow a few minutes from my daily phone call to my Mom.
I let it float me down memory lane -
That song, that whole album, always reminds me of my best friend,
Jasmine, and that one summer in Utah...
can't remember which one,
but I picture us at Cecret Lake, above Alta,
first selfie ever, film camera...gorgeous hike.
I didn't know Tom Petty.
But he knows me,
or so it always seems.
This was a tough one for me.
Losing the gods of my recklessly crafted religion
is perhaps reminding me that even they aren't immortal.
I am so grateful that he followed the path he did,
and created the music that wrecks me, baby...
Thank you for being, Tom...

No comments:
Post a Comment