everything
about it scratched one itch or another,
from the
cradling leather seats,
to the
turbo-charged purr of the engine;
from the memory
button for the seat settings,
to the extra
traction you could
turn on
to supplement the all-wheel drive.
This Swedish marvel had
windshield wipers
that would sense the level of need
that you had for them,
and
maintain a clear windshield,
whether a light drizzle or a downpour.
This vehicle of mine was the most
satisfyingshade of sage green,
(like a pair of eyes you can't look away from).
It tickled every nerve ending in my body,
And filled
me with a swell of delight –
I wanted to
wrap my arms around it and kiss its hood,
Like a child
with a favorite teddy bear.
I miss that car,
but not the life it was a product of.
I miss the cleaning ladies,
and the vacations,
but I don't miss the roar of dis
satis
faction
that echoed through me
from morning til night -
(it was loudest at night).
I don't miss pacing around in my gilded cage,
or shaking the bars
as I watched my dreams pass by
just out of reach.
I miss that car,
but not the life it was a product of.
I miss the cleaning ladies,
and the vacations,
but I don't miss the roar of dis
satis
faction
that echoed through me
from morning til night -
(it was loudest at night).
I don't miss pacing around in my gilded cage,
or shaking the bars
as I watched my dreams pass by
just out of reach.
Yeah...
you're kind of like that car, sometimes...
you're kind of like that car, sometimes...
No comments:
Post a Comment