Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Palling Around

They say you shouldn't meet your heroes
with the implication slopped heavily across the top
that meeting a hero might lead to being disappointed at their utter humanness
But I met a hero
And instead of being disappointed
I was engulfed by his humanness
I was uplifted by the ideas that spun from his inner well like cigar-and-steak hued cotton candy
I wanted to snort the powder of his humanness
and i don't even know if that's a word, but i keep using it, so it must be
and we were reconstituting the dehydrated world from a lifetime ago, 
three worlds away, 
in the original land of blogging
We aren't even the same people anymore, 
I don't even have the same name - 
but we were as natural a fit as if we'd grown up together on some farm or compound somewhere...
but maybe that's a memory that hasn't happened yet
In any case, 
it was nice.
Deeply nice.
Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment