I walked into your office to say to A.W.,
"How do I walk around all day,
knowing I'm garbage,
without bursting into tears all the time?"
But before I could speak,
her face lit up and she said,
"Your hair is a beautiful blonde mane today, and I LOVE it!!"
I lit up in turn,
and then said,
"I came in here to ask you how do I walk around all day,
knowing I'm garbage,
without bursting into tears all the time?" but before I finished speaking,
Br. peeked out from behind her and with a very somber face said,
"You are not garbage.
You are a kind and lovely person,
please don't say you're garbage."
Aaaaaand THIS dumbass burst into tears.
So embarrassing.
I just wasn't expecting genuine kindness like that -
I was hoping to pop in
and joke about the misery of life.
A.W. did provide her wisdom, though,
"From garbage you came,
to garbage you return,
and the garbage in the middle isn't so bad."
Anyway, they asked if it was You-related sorrow,
and I had to admit that was at least part of it :)
Mostly it was just me being a Moody-ass drama queen,
but it turned my day around,
so who am I to argue?
No comments:
Post a Comment