At first glance,
you seem to be just a man,
no different from a thousand others;
but out of the corner of my
eye,
I see the hint of glitter that
is visible
around the edges of your casual
confidence,
or swirling just behind the
gentle authority you exude.
You are in command of the room,
and of everyone you pass in a hallway.
You are in command of the room,
and of everyone you pass in a hallway.
You quietly speak magic spells
(hidden in your everyday phrases)
(hidden in your everyday phrases)
that draw out desire in those around you.
With the deft hand of a
conductor, you create need,
pulling heat to the surface
like a slow-building string section.
I look around, wondering if I'm
the only one
with a symphony of lust
pounding across the stage of my
mind.
This thought unsettles me;
I like to be the focus,
so I drift away,
stubbornly repelling your magic,
but I always drift back,
I like to be the focus,
so I drift away,
stubbornly repelling your magic,
but I always drift back,
settling into the familiar
current,
floating along, wanting -
floating along, wanting -
wanting with a pervasive
intensity
that fills my imagination.
Scenes flash by, causing me to bite my lip:
Scenes flash by, causing me to bite my lip:
I kiss your wrist, and pull your face to mine –
then an image of you pressing me against a wall,
or my arm slipping inside your sweater,
then an image of you pressing me against a wall,
or my arm slipping inside your sweater,
as I press my face to your
chest, then undo your belt.
This image spirals me to lucidity -
I would kneel before you,
I would kneel before you,
worshipping you with my mouth.
The flashes come to me at all hours,
and I see your eyes peering up over the perfect curve of my breast
as I lie in tangled sheets;
and I see your eyes peering up over the perfect curve of my breast
as I lie in tangled sheets;
I can't take my eyes off the smooth curve of your neck,
just below your ear...I would press my lips to that spot and
let teeth graze an earlobe as I withdraw...
just below your ear...I would press my lips to that spot and
let teeth graze an earlobe as I withdraw...
I would moan your name and insist
that you shift positions
because I need you inside
me, now.
I struggle to evade these scenes
(created in vivid sensory detail
and playing on a loop)
because they do not quell my desire,
they feed it like dry
wood on a pyre.
This.
This is desire,
this is dangerous and all-consuming.
This.
This is desire,
this is dangerous and all-consuming.
No comments:
Post a Comment