I itch for freedom
these days.
Not freedom from this wonderful
(supportive, sexy, sweet, stolid)
partner of mine;
not freedom from the giant beloved puppies my sons are;
just...a bit of blank canvas time.
A window of open road.
Lessening of expectations -
not lower ones, just fewer of them.
So...
maybe this is something I could build for myself?
I could claim Thursday nights, perhaps.
Thursdays after work I would just evaporate into mist and be alone somewhere or with a friend somewhere or on a motorcycle (if I get my license) or at the gym for a long long time or having a beer or writing -
wait!
I got it!
I could go for a walk on the trail
and then I could sit in the bar
and eat a sandwich
and have a beer
and write and write and finish that elusive
ephemeral
exhausted
little novel of mine.
I could do that.
I should.
Thursdays are good days
for a little dollop of freedom,
just a short walk from my love-filled, adored home.
Yes.
This.
Now to find the courage to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment