Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Penny for Your Thoughts...

I like the thought
that you might be reading this
I like imagining your reactions -
you smile at that one,
and smirk at another;
you wonder if I'm talking to you,
about you...
You like to think I am, sometimes;
other times you hope I'm not,
the fear shatters through you in a flash -
you crush that image under your size 12 and turn away.
You read another,
something that doesn't pluck at the darkness
crouched at the edge of your floodlight.
You wonder what it's like
to be in my head
(in my bed).
You don't know that I would be gentle,
that I would let you take the lead -
that I would whimper with need for you
and worship you
with reverence and passion.
Have you ever been loved like that?
You want it all,
but not enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment